The firm acts on behalf of developers, businesses of all types, landowners, landlords and tenants. We also act for flat management companies and have expertise in leasehold enfranchisement. Our work encompasses:
- Landlord and tenant
- Development work
- Business lease renewal
- Leasehold enfranchisement
Our aim is to make the moving process as smooth and as stress free as possible. We aim to provide a quick and professional service. Competitive quotations will be provided quickly (by e-mail if required). Our expertise includes:
- Freehold/leasehold sales and purchases
- Lease extension/leasehold enfranchisement
Many buyers and sellers complain that they are pressured by estate agents to go to their “recommended” solicitor. These solicitors often pay referral fees or indeed are in the same corporate group as the agents. In our opinion this is not a healthy arrangement. We have never paid referral fees and believe it is very important to provide truly independent advice to our clients.
We act for businesses of all different sizes and structures. We give advice on business problems. Our work includes:
- Business acquisition and disposal
- Commercial contracts
Legal Costs for Taking a Lease of Commercial Premises
We always give clients a clear idea on the likely costs for dealing with a transaction. However, acting for a tenant who proposes to take a new commercial lease is particularly difficult. There are so many “unknowns”, including the length and reasonableness of the documentation produced by the Landlord.
Nevertheless, we can give the following guidance:
- For a lease of a term of 10 years or less our costs usually work out to be in the £850 to £1250 plus VAT bracket. Disbursements (payments to third parties which we incur on your behalf such as Land Registry fees) are charged as well.
- We can give you a better estimate once we receive in the draft lease and associated paperwork from the Landlord.
- For short leases at a modest rental we offer a “report only” service. This is a report on the draft lease and rent deposit deed (if appropriate) including:
- a summary of the lease terms and your obligations
- our suggestions as regards any important amendments which we believe should be made to the lease
- advice on any service charge or other title documentation which may be available at the time.
The fixed cost of such a report is £425 plus VAT. As you will imagine, terms and conditions apply.