The range of fees quoted above is for estates where:
- There is a valid Will appointing you as the sole Executor
- There is no more than one property
- There are no more than 6 bank or building society accounts
- There are no claims made against the estate and no disputes between the Beneficiaries regarding the distribution of the estate. Should a claim be made this will lead to additional costs and a delay with the legal process
If there is no valid Will, or if the valid Will appoints a partner at this firm as one of the Executors, the above fee scale will be subject to amendment. If we are Executors or Co-executors under a Will, we are responsible for marketing and selling the property and agreeing the sale price with the Beneficiaries which could lead to extended communication.
The prices shown are those quoted as standard but may be subject to amendment in the event that the estate becomes more complex and/or there are additional client requirements.
Probate Timescales – How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within either of our fixed fees receive the Grant of Probate in 2-4 months.
Should the estate fall into a Full Estate Administration fee the matter will be dealt with, on average, between 6-12 months. Typically, obtaining the Grant of Probate takes 4-6 months, including dealing with the submitting of the Inheritance Tax Account to HMRC. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 1-2 months. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally takes 1-4 months (distribution takes longer when there is Inheritance Tax payable as HMRC Clearance should be obtained before distribution).
Probate Service – what we will do for you
As part of our services we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced Probate solicitor to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed Executors and Beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of application required for the Probate Court
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send sealed copies to you
- Low price carafate